Goodwood Museum and Gardens receives AIA Florida design award

SPECIAL TO BUSINESS MATTERS • JUNE 16, 2009

The Goodwood Museum and Gardens' Carriage House Conference Center has been chosen as a 2009 recipient of the Award of Excellence from the Florida Association of the American Institute of Architects.

The Carriage House Conference Center was completed in September 2008 on the footprint of the original carriage house and stables complex, which was constructed in 1911 but destroyed by Hurricane Kate in 1985.

The conference center has been well received by the community and has served more than 8,000 guests since its opening. There is a 4,200-square-foot assembly room that seats 280, a state-of-the art warming kitchen, two brick terraces, custom-built hospitality stations for conference check-in, a modern audio/visual system, a green room and 13 restrooms.

AIA Florida selected a total of 25 designs to receive recognition.

According to the AIA, the Florida/Caribbean Design & Honor Awards is the region’s most prestigious award program for the architectural profession. They are given each year to encourage excellence in architecture, to elevate public consciousness of good design, and to recognize those owners, designers and contractors whose work enriches the built environment, according to the association.


Goodwood Museum and Gardens, Inc. is a registered, 501(c)3 public charity. Gifts to Goodwood Museum and Gardens, Inc. are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.

Website design and management by Cuneo Creative - Tallahassee, Florida